Who We Are
We are a second chance education programme for those who have left school early. In order to meet the needs of young people who have left school early, Killarney Youthreach was set up in 2001 as part of the Kerry Youthreach Programme, a Partnership Programme between the Kerry Education Service (The VEC in Kerry) and the KDYS (Kerry Diocesan Youth Service). This successful partnership has provided a solid foundation for quality education to be delivered. Our client group: aged between 15 and 20 and have left school early. We provide both formal education (FETAC) and informal education (Personal Development, Outdoor Pursuits etc.) in a safe and inclusive environment FETAC Subjects at Level 3 & Level 4 include: Computers, Maths, Health Related Fitness, Cultural Studies, History, Drama, Sports, Personal and Interpersonal Skills among others. The course is full-time, Monday through Friday. (Usually two years in duration.)
What We Do
Our mission is to enable early school leavers to reach their potential by providing a developmental, holistic and full-time programme of education in a safe and inclusive environment. We empower young people to progress to further education, training and employment.
How We Do It: Our Aims
- To deliver a meaningful, needs-based education through a range of programmes and activities that can lead to a nationally recognised FETAC qualification.
- To provide a positive, safe and inclusive learning environment that integrates the services, programmes and resources of KDYS.
- To provide structured support to participants based on individual and group needs.
- To enable young people to progress to further education, training or employment.
- To utilise the partnership between KDYS and KES to enhance the programme.
Address: Killarney Youthreach, KDYS Youth Centre, Fairhill, Killarney, Co. Kerry
Telephone: 064 6631748
Mobile: 086 8065611
Fax: 064 6636770