KDYS Community Youth Work
Community Youth Work (CYW) offers a variety of exciting and dynamic programmes for young people that include dance, arts, music, sports, drama, outdoor education, health education, environmental education etc.
Programmes are developed in consultation and with direction from young people in response to their expressed neads.
CYW actively encourage community led programmes and offer a variety of supports to volunteers to bring this to fruition.
KDYS Community Youth Work Programmes
Provision of safe, secure, staffed facilities for Young People
* Multiplex Youth Centres
* Dedicated Teen Spaces/Youth Café
* Involvement of Young People in the development of Facilities
* Organised Activities
Social Inclusion Programme
* Community Profiling
* Identifying exclusion & discrimination
* Local Youth Forums
* Issue Based Workshops
Informal Education Supports
* Volunteer Community Mentors
* School Transition Programmes
* Afterschool Programmes
Health & Wellbeing
* Awareness raising Programmes re Drugs misuse, Healthy Lifestyles,
Bullying, Mental Health and Sexual Health
* Child Protection training to adult volunteers.
Holistic & Creative Responses
* Workshops in Art/Dance/Drama/Music
* Bands Projects
* Variety Competitions
* Performance Opportunities
* Participation in Festivals
* Garda Vetting
* Foundation Training
* Diploma in Y&CW
* Volunteer led Projects supported by KDYS
* Volunteer Celebrations
* Implementation of the Quality Standards Framework (QSF)
for the youth work sector.